If you or your company is seeking to implement a corporate wellness program, consider the following information about our nation’s wellness & healthcare costs:
- According to the National Health Care Statistics, the typical American diet is responsible for most of the preventable diseases, including 91% of diabetes, 82% of heart disease, and 71% of colon cancer.
- 65% of the US population are overweight, and over 33% are literally considered CLINICALLY OBESE, which constitutes over 90 million Americans. This is a 7-10% increase in less than 5 years.
- Only 15% of adults engage in regular vigorous physical activity (with or without personal trainers or personal wellness coaches), and 60% report getting essentially no exercise whatsoever from a regular leisure activity.
- Chronic illness, including heart disease, diabetes and obesity, accounts for 75% OF HEALTH COSTS, according to the American Public Health Association.
- THE HEALTHCARE PROBLEM CLEARLY ISN’T GOING AWAY. According to the Industrial Physical Capability Services, Inc., new hire data demonstrates that applicants under the age of 40 actually have a greater prevalence for obesity than those over the age of 40.
Incorporating a Corporate Wellness Program Makes Perfect Sense!
Transformation’s Corporate Wellness Program addresses skyrocketing employee healthcare costs of many types and forms, based on reported healthcare statistics across the Healthcare and Wellness Industry:
- For every $1 companies invest in wellness programs, they earn back $3 -$6, the Southeast Missourian reports.
- Healthcare costs per capita in 2011 were $8233 per person, more than double the $3470 per person in 1993. This number is only expected to rise. The U.S. spent 17.6% of our entire GDP on health care in 2011.
- In recent years, the total costs of providing U.S. employees’ health benefits exceeded profits for the Fortune 500 corporations.
- The annual change in health insurance premiums continue to grow at an incredible 9-13%.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that 75% of health care spending pays for illnesses that are preventable.
- US obesity rates are worse than any other country at a staggering 30.6% of the population, yet it spends nearly two and half times more than other countries on healthcare costs.
- Overweight or obese full-time workers with other chronic health conditions miss 450 million more days of work each year than would healthy workers, costing businesses $153 billion annually in lost productivity, according to a recent Gallup poll. Shockingly, more than 85% of workers are obese, overweight or have a chronic health condition the study found.
- “If we don’t deal with obesity effectively, there is probably little hope for us dealing with our economy effectively,” said Dr. David Katz, director of the Prevention Research Center at Yale University School of Medicine.
- According to the New York Times, Walmart has recently implemented a $2000 surcharge for employees who smoke. “The increase in premiums in tobacco users is directly related to the fact 25% more health care services than non-tobacco users,” said Gene Rossiter, a Walmart spokesman.
What makes Transformation (based out of Raleigh, NC) the premier choice to partner with you in improving the employee wellness of your team (and your bottom line)?
While we offer all the bells and whistles and incorporate a multitude of tools, the heart of our success is a focus around the goals and pursuits of each individual. We are passionate about the value of our mission, and that passion is contagious. Extensive points of contact will keep the momentum flowing long after the start-up phase has come and gone.
Ease of start-up on your end
We’ll take care of everything based on your personal preferences. You don’t need to divert a single employee’s valuable time to the management of your team’s completely customized wellness program.
How does your company rate? Take a QUICK COMPANY SELF EVALUATION here.
For Extraordinary Corporate Wellness:
Step 1: Call (919) 845-6596 or Contact Us for an evaluation of your company.
Step 2: We’ll help you formulate and execute a game plan based on the metrics and goals that fit your Company Wellness & unique culture.
Step 3: Enjoy the fruits of Extraordinary Company Wellness – Happier & More Productive Employees that know you care!