- 1 cup chopped organic onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped organic, fresh tomatoes
- 4 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded organic Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place
the onion and olive oil into a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate. Bake for
about 15 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Place the lentils and water into a saucepan, and bring to a
boil. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Drain
most of the water off, then place the broccoli florets on top of the
lentils. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. This will dry the lentils,
and cook the broccoli.
- Transfer the lentils, broccoli and tomatoes to the pie
plate with the onions, and stir to evenly distribute each item. Stir in
cheese at this time if using. In a medium bowl, whisk together the
eggs, milk, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour over the ingredients in
the pie plate.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the
center is firm when the quiche is jiggled. Cool for a few minutes
before slicing and serving.