Now that we’ve shared what good, clean, healthy alkaline water is, I’ll recap and then offer some practical solutions. Let’s not forget:
- On average, 75% of Americans are dehydrated. For many people the body’s need for more water is often misunderstood for hunger pains.
- More toxic chemicals are stored in fatty tissue from drinking treated tap water.
- Tap water typically contains potentially dangerous levels of chloro- and fluoro-chemicals, lead, fecal bacteria, as well as pesticides and other impurities associated with cancer and illness.
- Our bodies consists mainly of water (on average about 70%).
- Drinking one glass of water when hungry has been shown to stop hunger pangs in 98% of the dieters surveyed.
- A main cause of daytime fatigue is simply a lack of water.
- Research shows that about 8-10 glasses of water a day may significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- 5 glasses of clean, pure, healthy water a day greatly decreases the risk of getting many degenerative diseases.
- Our daily minimal water requirement is half our body weight in ounces.
- A 2% drop in the amount of water we drink can cause mental confusion such as short-term memory loss and an inability to focus.
As for everything in life, God created everything in its perfect and most useful form for the human body. As we mentioned though, many of these originally pure sources have been polluted greatly by industrial waste/chemicals throughout the world. So, purification is necessary in many parts of the world and especially in the U.S. Most purification methods take water away from its most natural state in order to filter out the impurities. This is damaging to our bodies, often acidifying our blood and tissues. We have already discussed the fact that this acidification process fosters disease.
Therefore, two of the most important questions when discerning the quality of water are, “Is the water from a pure, natural source?” and “Does the water have the properties of water from a stream?” From our last blog on water, you may remember that the three areas that tell us about the overall quality of water then are purity (free of chemicals and toxic metals), alkalinity, and ionization.
In light of these important facts, here are our recommendations for clean, pure, healthy water solutions, listed from the best to bottled, based upon what we’ve found.
Good Water Solutions
1. Best Option: Jupiter Tap Water Filtration System:
This system is hooked up to your spigot or can be connected under the sink in your home as well, ensuring that all of your drinking water is effectively filtered and ionized at all times.
2. Next Best Option: Ionizing Water Filtration Pitcher:
If a home filtration system is too expensive at this time, consider using an ionizing/filtration pitcher. You simply pour your tap water into the pitcher and enjoy great, ionized, healthy water every time you pour from it.
3. Last Option: Good, Quality Bottled Water:
We still recommend choices 1 or 2 above, but if your budget will not allow for them, consider the best bottled water sources out there. We recommend water from fresh artesian sources like Evamor, Evian, Fiji, Voss, etc. Occasionally drinking ultra-purified water like Penta can be good for detoxification, but you should not drink purified water exclusively due to its acidity and the fact that it will strip minerals from your body.
The other issue to keep in mind is that bottled water typically comes in plastic, which runs the risk of polluting your water with bisphenol-A, a plastifier compound known to cause cancer and other metabolic issues. For this reason, make sure that you never leave bottled water in a heated setting such as a hot car, as this has been known to release some of these harmful plasticizers into the water. If you ever open a bottle of water and can smell or taste the plastic, it’s best NOT to drink it. For this reason, I prefer Voss, as it typically comes in glass bottles.